I realized that I’ve been blogging for a decade now! It’s crazy to see how much my blog and style have evolved since 2010. When I first started this blog it was just for fun and I never thought I’d still be investing in it 10-years later. Anyways, I thought it’d be fun to share some interesting facts about me that you probably don’t know. Enjoy!
10 things about me you probably don’t know:
- I’m 100% Korean: Koreans tend to know I’m Korean but other people always think I’m Chinese. I take this as a compliment since Chinese people have bigger eyes compared to Korean’s who are known for having slim, slanted eyes. My mom doesn’t have eyelids but my dad does, so I guess I got lucky by getting my dad’s eyes!
- I loved fashion ever since I can remember: When I was 4 I remember going shopping with my mom and wandering off by myself to look at clothes and accessories. I started picking out my own clothes when I was 5 and loved wearing pink, anything neon, and shiny.
- My first job was at In-n-Out Burger: I got my first job right after I turned 16 which is the legal age to start working. I applied to In-n-Out since I heard they paid well, it was close to home, and seemed like a fun place to work. My manager told me I got hired since he liked my energy and smile which are important characteristics to have in customer service.
- I am an extrovert: If you watch my IG stories maybe you can tell I’m an extrovert but I love meeting new people and going to events since I get energized by people. Josh is the complete opposite, so we make a good balance for each other.
- I have 3 degrees: I had 2 majors in undergrad and got a Bachelors’s in Interior Architecture and Human Development. Then I went to grad school where I got my MBA in Design Strategy.
- I have 1 older brother: My brother is 1.5 years older than me so we were best friends as kids, fought a ton in high school, weren’t close during college and have now grown to have an adult relationship relying on each other for important things.
- I am very Type-A: I’ve always been impatient, ambitious, and pushed my limits. My earliest memory of this was probably kindergarten when I learned how to write my ABC’s. My teacher gave us a Twizzler every time we wrote our ABC’s and I wrote so many so quickly that I got banned from receiving anymore Twizzler’s. I was not happy about this.
- I altered my own prom dress: My parents never bought me anything pricey growing up (hence why I was motivated to start working asap) so when I was a sophomore in high school and got invited to someone’s junior prom I had no money for a dress. My friend gave me her old dress but since it was big on me I learned to sew and hemmed it myself.
- I used to be ratchet AF: My close friends who have known me for years understand how ratchet I used to be and I am not exaggerating this claim either. In middle school I got referrals, in high school I got arrested, in college, I was known as the party girl always doing kegstands, and after college, Vegas was my playground #sorryboys.
- I want to retire with a teaching career: I’ve always loved teaching and mentoring others and find it one of the most fulfilling things in life. I’d love to retire as a professor or a teacher at a specialized art school.
I hope you had fun reading this and learning more about me! Thanks for taking the time to get to know me a little bit more. 🙂