One thing I’ve learned about living in the city is to always wear comfortable shoes or to carry a pair with you. I walk at least 2-miles every day (or so my Apple Watch says) and realized it makes a huge difference in your everyday life if you wear comfortable shoes. For starters, it’ll encourage you to walk more, and if anything shady happens while you’re walking, you can run. One time my friend Vivian was walking downtown, chatting on her iPhone when a guy came running down the street and snatched her iPhone from her hand. Vivian chased the guy down the street yelling and the guy didn’t expect her to run after him so he got frazzled and tripped (haha). Vivian caught up to him and grabbed her iPhone back. How often does that happen? I doubt she would have ran if she were in heels! Although I love wearing heels for special occasions, my shoe of choice is definitely something comfortable. Given that it’s summer right now, espadrilles are the perfect fit. Below are some of my favorite espadrilles perfect for walking or lounging in.
5 Comfortable and Stylish Espadrilles
- TOMS Black Full Grain Leather Espadrilles: $98
- Soludos Jason Polan wink embroidered espadrilles: $75
- Soludos platform tennis sneaker espadrilles: $89
- Lauren by Ralph Lauren danita espadrille flats: on sale for $39 (was $79)
- See by Chloe Glyn Espadrille Wedge Sandals: $195