If there were 3 words to describe your style in 2019, what would they be? Mine would be chic, effortless, and trendy. My style tends to change depending on age, where I’m at in life, and location. Since the majority of my year was spent in San Francisco where I’m constantly walking, the pieces that I wore the most ended up being very comfortable to wear, versatile, and neutral in color.
Here are the top 10 worn items in my closet of 2019!
- Splendid back turtleneck: I love how slimming a black turtleneck is and this Splendid one is ultra-soft and fits great making it the perfect turtleneck to dress up or down.
- Brandy Melville spaghetti strap (similar UO one): The straight cut of this spaghetti strap is super flattering on. The ribbed fabric also stretches for days making it ultra-comfortable and perfect for layering.
- Princess Polly cable knit sweater: I love this sweater because it looks good with anything. The color is neutral, and since the sweater is a bit cropped and does not need to be tucked in, it looks great over dresses, with skirts and/or with jeans. The oversized fit also gives it a cozy feel
- Levi’s 501 blue jeans: I own several jeans but these are always my go-to’s. They make my butt look great, fit loose making them comfortable, and the wash transforms any outfit to be more edgy. They are an absolute must-have and one of my best denim purchases.
- J Brand Maria high-rise photo-ready black jeans: I don’t know if this comes with age but every year I prefer wearing jeans that are higher waisted. If you’re on the shorter side, high-waisted jeans will be your best friend in helping you look taller. These J Brand ones are very flattering, slim your figure, and I love how black the color is.
- Everlane straight-legged white cropped jeans: These high-waisted jeans are perfectly cropped (they come in short, regular, and tall), and made of thick but comfortable cotton with stretch. I love that they’re not super tight and very flattering on.
- Lucy Paris lace white top (similar Chicwish top): One of the prettiest blouses I own. I love that it’s trendy but professional enough to wear to work. I loved styling this with a pearl barrette in my hair.
- Splendid tie-dyed shirt: One of the softest and trendiest shirts I own. I love the soft pastel tie-dye colors and how this shirt is slightly cropped making it the perfect regular size tee on petite women like me.
- Line & Dot beige wool blazer: The perfect fitting boyfriend blazer with the right amount of thickness keeping you warm but not too hot. This became my go-to jacket for work, meetings, and any event where I wanted to look fashionable and polished but comfortable.
- Leather trench coat: This is the perfect jacket to throw on when you want to look trendy and edgy without trying too hard. The length makes it a great piece to wear with dresses or jeans, and having a waist belt is super convenient for days that are more chilly.