Wearing Zara plaid pants (runs large), AllSaints white sweater (similar Everlane one), Zara leather jacket (similar asos one), Gucci princetown loafers (also here), Louis Vuitton handbag, and ThePeachBox pearl stud earrings.
Plaid was the biggest fall trend of 2017 and like all good trends has grown in popularity. It first started with plaid menswear style blazers (I still need to get myself one), then started making its way to tops and pants. Heck, I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s plaid shoes in the next few months. I purchased these Zara plaid pants during their 30% off Black Friday sale and love how comfortable they are. They feel like PJ’s since they’re lightweight, soft, and have an elastic waistband but the best part is that they look like formal trousers. These Zara ones unfortunately run big so even the XS was a bit big on me (I’m 5’4″ and have a waist size 24). You can’t tell in the photos but I had to fold the waistband over to shorten the legs. #petiteproblems. There are SO many great sales right now and I couldn’t help but find 5 great plaid clothing articles that I recommend buying. The best part is that they’re all under $80. See below for my plaid picks.
5 Plaid Styles to Buy Now, all on Sale!
- GoJane plaid trousers: on sale for $28 (originally $34)
- Zara checked trousers: on sale for $20 (originally $36) – these are the ones I’m wearing
- Mango checkered structured blazer: on sale for $79.99 (originally $100)
- NastyGal long check blazer: on sale for $34 (originally $60)
- J.O.A draped plaid wrap skirt: on sale for $43 (originally $72)