The kimono first originated in Japan, but like all great fashion trends eventually got adopted by other countries over time. Kimonos got increasingly popular in the states when celebrities like Kim Kardashian, Lily Aldridge, and Diane Kruger started wearing them as jackets. It didn’t occur to me how functional kimonos were until I added one to my wardrobe. They’re lightweight, transitional and great for layering. Silk kimonos in particular add an elegant vibe to any outfit and feels amazing against your skin. My favorite way to wear a kimono is over a plain dress (like a slip), with a tank top and jeans, or as a beach cover-up. Since I’m pretty positive you own one of these clothing options, why not add a kimono to the mix? Below are 5 of my favorite kimonos that I’m sure you’ll love.
5 Kimono’s Perfect for Everyday Wear:
- long Sumi Kimono robe : $138 (shorter version here for $120) take an additional 15% off with promo code: SUMIxTrendenvy
- Missguided black kimono with piping detail: $43
- House of Harlow x revolve maxi coat: $210
- Anthropologie Isolde Kimono: on sale for $59 (used to be $98)
- Homebodii eleanor kimono robe: $79