If you’ve ever wondered what to wear under a sheer top, well you’ve come to the right place. One of the easiest and best ways to style a sheer top is to pair it with a camisole underneath. The trick though is to wear a fitted camisole that hugs your body. This helps the sheer top act as an overlay and comfortably sit on top of the camisole. In terms of colors, camisoles that are neutral (black, white or nude) or in the same color scheme as the sheer top tends to work best. Since these colors are complementary the camisole won’t compete with the sheer top. For those looking to find that perfect camisole, below are 5 of my favorite camisoles that not only feel nice but also fit just right for all body types!
5 camisoles perfect for everyone:
- Hanro Allure Built-In Bra Camisole: comes in 4 colors and has a built-in bra and adjustable straps. I also love the v-neck. $89 at Nordstrom.
- Commando Butter Camisole: One of my favorite brands for camisoles and lingerie. It’s called “commando” since it hugs your body and has a barely-there silhouette helping hide visible lines. $48 at Nordstrom and Lord & Taylor.
- Madewell layering cami top: Comes in XXS all the way to XXL. $25 from Madewell.
- Old Navy First-Layer Fitted Cami: Comes in multiple colors and has over 1,800 positive reviews. $9.99 from Old Navy.
- J. Crew polyester v-neck camisole: fits looser since its polyester, but also a great choice. Comes in various colors including pink and in all sizes including petite 00. $49 from J. Crew.